Definition of seeing in English:
Because; since: seeing that I’m awake, I might as well come with you
More example sentences
- I can refer to you by whatever offensive terminology I like without defaming you, seeing as you're a person of public interest.
- He probably feels like he needs to help you, seeing as London is full of crazed taxi drivers.
- It is only natural especially seeing as Argentina was kind enough to accept as many Irish people as possible in the 19th century.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
1The action of seeing someone or something.
- Then the audience takes note of what that means, the act of seeing.
seeing is believing
- proverb You need to see something before you can accept that it really exists or occurs.Example sentences
- There were some people who had given up on it, but now seeing is believing.
- I've seen the newspaper story and photo and seeing is believing.
- If seeing is believing, this one sure did prove the line right.
Definition of seeing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.