- An elastic wave in the earth produced by an earthquake or other means.More example sentences
- Earthquakes set off seismic waves in the earth.
- For three years, the seismometers recorded how seismic waves from hundreds of earthquakes worldwide bounced through the mantle.
- In seismic reflection surveying, seismic waves are propagated through the subsurface and the travel times are measured of those waves that return to the surface after reflection at geological surfaces.
More definitions of seismic waveDefinition of seismic wave in:
- The US English dictionary