noun[mass noun] Geology
- The occurrence or frequency of earthquakes in a region: the high seismicity of the areaMore example sentences
- Although the rate of seismicity has declined since the April 6th peak, earthquakes are still occurring frequently, and steam and ash emissions and small explosions are likely to occur.
- Because the bridge is not situated in an area of high seismicity, the earthquake load was not significant and was not a controlling load in the design.
- Here, according to most of the authors, active extension is dominant over the whole chain, as shown by breakout data and seismicity, as well as by geological and geomorphological analyses.
More definitions of seismicityDefinition of seismicity in:
- The US English dictionary