- A creeping moss-like plant of a genus which includes the lesser clubmosses.
More example sentences
- Genus Selaginella, family Selaginellaceae
- The possibilities are endless - with a little bit of winter heat, you could grow pleiones and other terrestrial orchids; with permanent shading you could collect ferns, selaginellas and woodland plants like Soldanella.
- Also found here is shining club moss, which has membrane-like leaves and spore cases hidden at the base of each leaf, and the spike moss northern selaginella, which has short, needlelike, evergreen leaves.
modern Latin, diminutive of Latin selago 'clubmoss'.
More definitions of selaginellaDefinition of selaginella in:
- The US English dictionary