- A rule which describes whether particular quantum transitions in an atom or molecule are allowed or forbidden.More example sentences
- This issue is related to the inhibition of carrier relaxation due to the selection rule of interaction between electrons and phonons in discrete energy level systems.
- Because the selection rules for one- and two-photon transitions differ, it is possible that 2PE can occur at energies where no corresponding one-photon absorption exists.
- There are simple selection rules that usually work in spectroscopy, corresponding to the known properties of atoms.
More definitions of selection ruleDefinition of selection rule in:
- The US English dictionary