- A form of gypsum occurring as transparent crystals or thin plates.More example sentences
- Eventually, basin shallowing allowed in situ precipitation of selenite in shallow lagoons and ponds near the basin depocentre.
- First, they demonstrated that selenium salts - both selenate and selenite - can prevent the first of several steps that can lead to cancer, whereas the grain form - selenomethionine - was ineffective.
- The results clearly showed that selenium, as sodium selenite, not only reduced the morbidity and mortality of Keshan disease, but also reduced cardiac damage.
mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek selēnitēs lithos 'moonstone', from selēnē 'moon' + lithos 'stone'.
More definitions of seleniteDefinition of selenite in:
- The US English dictionary