Definition of selenium in English:
The chemical element of atomic number 34, a grey crystalline non-metal with semiconducting properties. (Symbol: Se)
- The Pasminco operation produces lead, zinc, cadmium, selenium, copper sulphate and sulphuric acid.
- Many studies have shown that supplemental selenium has cancer-preventive properties.
- Lead, selenium, tellurium and sulfur are added to copper alloys to improve machinability.
- Example sentences
- They are made from materials such as calcium fluoride, sapphire, AMTIR, silicon, zinc selenide, and germanium.
- They separately synthesized rod-shaped nanometre scale crystal of two semi-conductors: cadmium selenide and cadmium telluride.
- It also combines with a number of metals to form compounds known as selenides as, for example, magnesium selenide (MgSe).
Definition of selenium in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan