- The denial or abasement of oneself: she turned the letter into a grovelling form of self-abnegationMore example sentences
- Rather, Gandhi's environmentalism had its roots in a deep antipathy to urban civilization and a belief in self-sufficiency, in self-abnegation and denial rather than wasteful consumption.
- The balance between self-abnegation and violent self-assertion, between masochism and sadism, between empowerment and domination is highly precarious in this relationship.
- Submission to authority, self-abnegation and conformism had led the Japanese to disaster.
More definitions of self-abnegationDefinition of self-abnegation in:
- The US English dictionary