Definition of self-adjusting in English:
(Chiefly of machinery) adjusting itself to meet varying requirements: it has a self-adjusting power supply
More example sentences
- Economic profits and prudent lending were, in conjunction, self-adjusting mechanisms, not repealing the business cycle but at least suppressing boom and bust dynamics.
- In such a model, given some flexibility of prices and money wages, the self-adjusting mechanism would return the economy to full employment after a demand shock that was not too large.
- Its levels are homeostatically maintained inside the living cell, where the self-adjusting mechanisms for maintaining GSH are numerous.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, the system has all appearances of the mythical free-floating free-market system imbued with market discipline and self-adjustment.
- A functional pricing mechanism would tend toward self-adjustment, limiting imbalances rather than augmenting them.
- You know, under a gold standard there's a lot of self-adjustment.
Words that rhyme with self-adjustingdisgusting, trusting
Definition of self-adjusting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.