The admiration of oneself; undue pride in oneself or one’s achievements.
More example sentences
- It is important to recognize our own weaknesses and not to be caught up in self-admiration.
- While lagging behind on covetousness and lust, we beat all comers in the sheer weight of our self-admiration.
- Fortunately, I have enough money and self-admiration to be far removed from the harsh stares of the other diners.
- More example sentences
- Let me remind you again that these leaders are narcissistic - that is, they are self-loving, self-admiring, egocentric and self-centred.
- It is about the long-term struggle for class-consciousness, and the creation of an industrious, militant, self-congratulatory and self-admiring working class.
- Even in Italy, he created increasingly abstract and artificial effects, but always for religious purposes and never with the self-admiring, arch cleverness of the Mannerists.
Definition of self-admiration in:
- The US English dictionary