- The recognition and assertion of the existence and value of one’s individual self.More example sentences
- Identifying the problem is usually achieved through careful self-examination, often combining meditation and self-affirmation.
- Through the discovery of an inner capacity ‘to survive and grow in the new environment’, one may find a greater independence and confidence and thus gain a more fulfilling self-affirmation and realization.
- Here, one affirms what is one's own through self-affirmation, consideration of legitimate alternatives and the experience of doubt.
More definitions of self-affirmationDefinition of self-affirmation in:
- The US English dictionary