Definition of self-assured in English:
Confident in one’s own abilities or character: a self-assured 16-year-old
More example sentences
- The competition was just incredibly tough, as one after another we met 25 confident and self-assured young women.
- She's beautiful and confident and self-assured, and when can I start voting for her already?
- Al was calm and self-assured, and Sam could see that confidence rubbing off on Beckett.
- Example sentences
- This long-overdue debut from a born writer is a remarkably honest and disturbing book, which self-assuredly combines raw earthiness with dreamlike poetry.
- ‘History has proven that you get greater returns from investing in the equity market,’ he said self-assuredly.
- It's the most self-assuredly stylistic film from the most self-assured director around.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan