Definition of self-build in English:
noun[mass noun, often as modifier] British
The building of homes by their owners: self-build schemes self-build is the cheapest way to get a home to your specification
More example sentences
- Finance is also becoming easier, with many high street building societies offering self-build mortgages.
- The Ecology Building Society specialises in mortgages for conversions, renovations and ecological self-build projects.
- Jordan says this self-build scheme may be replicated elsewhere by the company, but only on developments of a similar size.
- Example sentences
- However, Scottish Building warned prospective self-builders to ensure their project is ‘properly supervised’ as there are inherent dangers in self-build.
- If it is a particularly large project, self-builders should consider hiring a quantity surveyor who will advise on construction costs and help to obtain competitive tenders from contractors.
- Built-in or central vacuum cleaning systems are becoming popular with self-builders or people who are doing a large renovation project.