- An idea of the self constructed from the beliefs one holds about oneself and the responses of others: a self-concept is largely a reflection of the reactions of others towards the individualMore example sentences
- Your ideas about what others think of you hinge on your self-concept - your own beliefs about who you are.
- In conclusion, the findings suggest that adolescent girls from varying age groups, backgrounds, and school environments are in touch with their ethical self-concepts and related behavioral decisions.
- As children begin to incorporate both positive and negative information into their self-concepts, self-concept differentiation is likely to increase, leading to higher self-complexity.
More definitions of self-conceptDefinition of self-concept in:
- The US English dictionary