- Undue complacency or pride regarding one’s personal achievements or qualities; self-satisfaction: a hefty dose of self-congratulation about how noble we areMore example sentences
- Richard says that to be consistent I should regard Australia in its entirety as a backwater of self-congratulation.
- Part of any negative reaction will be a response to the rhetorical tone of several chapters, which have an air of self-congratulation bordering on triumphalism.
- No satisfied self-congratulation here: just the realistic appreciation of a job well done, and of a tough fight to come.
- More example sentences
- It is a glib, smug and self-congratulatory way of saying: ‘I beat the disease.’
- Both also feel self-congratulatory and smug to me.
- We stand accused of being narcissistic and self-congratulatory.
More definitions of self-congratulationDefinition of self-congratulation in:
- The US English dictionary