Definition of self-deceiving in English:
Allowing oneself to believe that a false or unvalidated feeling, idea, or situation is true: I prefer my cynicism to your self-deceiving optimism
More example sentences
- These patients are willing to have their initial, often self-deceiving explanations challenged and to allow the subtext of their destructive act to be interpreted to them.
- Rational discussion of such possibilities is not helped by the habitual blurting out of allegations against an incumbent government in deliberate or self-deceiving service to partisan loyalties.
- This might be the most melancholy and self-deceiving song I've ever heard and I adored it when I was a teenager.
- Example sentences
- Men are allowed, indeed conditioned, to deceive themselves to the end, and are loved as self-deceivers.
- Similarly, people who have already achieved great things, and don't need to try much harder, may be the most rampant self-deceivers.
- Finally, the author argues that successful deceivers and self-deceivers must be ‘unconscious deceivers’.
Words that rhyme with self-deceivingunbelieving, weaving
Definition of self-deceiving in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.