- Voluntary denial or suppression of one’s own interests or desires: a monastic life of severe self-deprivationMore example sentences
- Jainism is different than Hinduism or Buddhism in that it is not possible for a layman to attain Nirvana without strict self-deprivation.
- She has experienced first-hand the mental and physical struggle the self-deprivation can introduce.
- Eliot seems to have an unconscious horror of Maggie's plan of self-deprivation.
More definitions of self-deprivationDefinition of self-deprivation in:
- The US English dictionary