(Of a thing) destroy itself by exploding or disintegrating automatically, having been preset to do so: the tape would automatically self-destruct after twenty minutes
More example sentences
- When it realised that you had listened to this music enough times, the tape self-destructed.
- The tape explained that it would self-destruct in 40 seconds.
- In fact, it may be that every intelligent race in the universe inadvertently self-destructs in this way.
adjectiveBack to top
- More example sentences
- Psychological studies of the child confirmed the danger of suicide and self-destruction.
- Can we afford to be complacent and watch our province slide into self-destruction and self-implosion?
- It is only a request that if they must satisfy their impulse for self-destruction, they do so without taking the rest of us with them.
Definition of self-destruct in:
- The US English dictionary