Definition of self-destruct in English:
(Of a thing) destroy itself by exploding or disintegrating automatically, having been preset to do so: the tape would automatically self-destruct after twenty minutes
More example sentences
- When it realised that you had listened to this music enough times, the tape self-destructed.
- The tape explained that it would self-destruct in 40 seconds.
- In fact, it may be that every intelligent race in the universe inadvertently self-destructs in this way.
adjectiveBack to top
- Example sentences
- Psychological studies of the child confirmed the danger of suicide and self-destruction.
- Can we afford to be complacent and watch our province slide into self-destruction and self-implosion?
- It is only a request that if they must satisfy their impulse for self-destruction, they do so without taking the rest of us with them.
Definition of self-destruct in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia