- 1(Of a hired vehicle) driven by the person who hires the vehicle, rather than a professional driver: a self-drive removal vanMore example sentences
- Paying double for two men and a large van, rather than hiring a small self-drive van, meant the difference between three hours of efficiency and a whole day of agony.
- This means that, despite a huge tourist industry, India has almost no facilities for self-drive car hire.
- Packages include return flights, self-drive car hire, and accommodation on a B & B basis but the company can also help you create your own itinerary.
- 2(Of a holiday) involving use of one’s own car rather than transport arranged by the operator.More example sentences
- Specialist company Steppes Latin America has a range of self-drive holidays that allow you to custom-build your itinerary.
- If you prefer to go by car, self-drive holidays are available on Fjord line from Newcastle to Bergen, at an extra £142.
- Of course, none of them can compare with the rock-bottom price of the cheapest self-drive, self-catering Alpine holidays, but that's not really the point.