- 1Working for oneself as a freelance or the owner of a business rather than for an employer: a self-employed builderMore example sentences
- If you are self-employed or your employer does not offer benefits such as those above, there are two main areas likely to be of great relevance.
- This contribution will apply to employers, employees and self-employed persons.
- When they were in government a lot of small businesses and self-employed people went bust.
- 1.1Relating to or designed for people working for themselves: the rules for self-employed pension plans have been alteredMore example sentences
- For those of us with self-employed pension schemes, it is another year before the end-of-October tax relief deadline looms.
- This could apply to all wives who are part of the self-employed business.
- More example sentences
- Second, there is a long-term movement of workers away from self-employment and into wage jobs that are contingent on the continual expansion of production.
- Though the focus was on vocational training and self-employment in the beginning, now the centre also promotes education, Ms. Theodore says.
- This experiential learning in agricultural education helps graduates who later on opt for self-employment in commercial agricultural areas.