Definition of self-financing in English:
(Of an organization or enterprise) having or generating enough income to finance itself.
- A BBC profile noted that his self-financing campaign left him with few political debts.
- Mr Oakes is determined that the water-based projects be self-financing.
- They raise revenues, possibly enough to be self-financing.
- Example sentences
- The company was self-financed, with Kenny and a number of private individuals investing ‘a couple of hundred thousand to get things off the ground’.
- This research was self-financed and to preserve my solvency, I chose the technique I thought would reveal the most information for the least amount of money.
- On the other side is a mixed bunch of self-financed local councillors, residents' groups and conservationists.
Definition of self-financing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan