Definition of self-forgetful in English:
Forgetful of one’s self or one’s needs: true, self-forgetful charity
More example sentences
- The purpose of watching a dance or looking at a painting is to experience a mood, ‘a kind of enjoyment which is self-forgetful and transporting’.
- Jane often showed that self-forgetful ecstasy when absorbed in some subject or pursuit.
- Example sentences
- I know for a while again the health of self-forgetfulness, looking out at the sky through a notch in the valley side, the black woods wintry on the hills, small clouds at sunset passing across.
- The generous explanation of such negative behaviour is that it results from self-forgetfulness: forgetting where the boundaries of one's own knowledge lie.
- Love and a spirit of self-forgetfulness took complete possession of my heart, and thenceforward I was perfectly happy.
Definition of self-forgetful in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan