- Forgetful of one’s self or one’s needs: true, self-forgetful charityMore example sentences
- The purpose of watching a dance or looking at a painting is to experience a mood, ‘a kind of enjoyment which is self-forgetful and transporting’.
- Jane often showed that self-forgetful ecstasy when absorbed in some subject or pursuit.
- More example sentences
- I know for a while again the health of self-forgetfulness, looking out at the sky through a notch in the valley side, the black woods wintry on the hills, small clouds at sunset passing across.
- The generous explanation of such negative behaviour is that it results from self-forgetfulness: forgetting where the boundaries of one's own knowledge lie.
- Love and a spirit of self-forgetfulness took complete possession of my heart, and thenceforward I was perfectly happy.
More definitions of self-forgetfulDefinition of self-forgetful in:
- The US English dictionary