- The recognition of one’s potential and qualities as an individual, especially in relation to social context: caring can become the defining characteristic of women’s self-identityMore example sentences
- However, some participants reported that they would shift self-identity in different contexts and situations.
- In this context, note the attention contemporary social theory lavishes on the self, self-identity, and individual subjectivity.
- If they perform well, their sense of self-identity is enhanced, while a lack of success results in further fear of failure.
More definitions of self-identityDefinition of self-identity in:
- The US English dictionary