- The offering of oneself as a sacrifice, especially by burning: 70 people died in the unrest, mainly by gunfire and self-immolationMore example sentences
- Among the suicide cases, 61 hanged themselves, 12 took insecticides, one slit the wrists, another one jumped to death, while one committed suicide by self-immolation.
- Over the past several years, experts say, this kind of defiance has been accompanied by an even more dangerous form of protest: suicide by self-immolation.
- The number of recorded suicides, especially self-immolation, has shot up among young women.
More definitions of self-immolationDefinition of self-immolation in:
- The US English dictionary