- The improvement of one’s knowledge, status, or character by one’s own efforts: avid for self-improvement, he continued his education after schoolMore example sentences
- The book's themes of character and self-improvement were developed from his years swimming for Dartmouth.
- Many faculty members find that the process of developing a portfolio stimulates self-improvement.
- They vary their methods of study and practice in order to discover new strategies for self-improvement.
More definitions of self-improvementDefinition of self-improvement in:
- The US English dictionary