Wrapped up in oneself or one’s own thoughts.
- Seriously, I am self-involved enough at this point to be quite sure that we are entertaining all those boats and all those people in the gardens.
- Most people are so focused on their careers these days and so self-involved.
- The writer's protagonists dramatize this possibility: they are self-involved, troubled dreamers wielding therapeutic scalpels on themselves.
- Example sentences
- Her speechifying was made fun of, and her black and white, self-righteous attitude grew out of her own long-running self-involvement; it was very obviously intended as a character flaw.
- Paranoid and timid where the other is swollen with self-involvement, its principle preoccupation is with questions that are larger and darker than simple romantic misfortune.
- When I think of your photography I don't perceive too much self-involvement or self-portraits.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: self-involved
Definition of self-involved in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.