Definition of self-loading in English:
(Especially of a gun) loading automatically: a self-loading pistol
More example sentences
- The final figures for the county reveal that four self-loading handguns, seven revolvers and three shot pistols were given up.
- He completed 29 voluntary training days, learning how to fire, strip and assemble self-loading rifles and machine guns.
- The challenge has been to find a more or less off-the-shelf, self-loading shotgun that would meet stringent standards for effectiveness, reliability and maintainability at a reasonable price.
- Example sentences
- The first item to consider is the type of rifle - bolt-action or self-loader - that best suits your needs.
- Technically, cartridges intended for use in self-loaders normally have no rim, headspacing instead on their case mouth.
- On semiauto, the rifle feels like a traditional self-loader, but with almost no recoil.
Definition of self-loading in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan