Definition of self-mocking in English:
Mocking oneself: a wry, self-mocking smile
More example sentences
- He came off the course a little after noon, all philosophical smiles and self-mocking humour.
- She stood somewhat shakily and took two slow, dragging steps before sitting down heavily once more with a self-mocking smile.
- The score and the lyrics have something of Sondheim's sophisticated, sceptical humour, and the three actor-singers handle them with agile, self-effacing, sometimes self-mocking skill.
- Example sentences
- Since he's almost invariably in considerably worse physical condition than the person who did the original trip, there's a large element of self-mockery which works quite well.
- Each day of our trip (with a hint of self-mockery, to his credit) he would test-run another item, be it a slick neoprene jacket or a water-dispensing backpack.
- He will also punctually attend early morning classes where they teach self-mockery, and throughout the day, he will try to implement the techniques he has learned.
Words that rhyme with self-mockingself-cocking, shocking, stocking
Definition of self-mocking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan