Definition of self-promotion in English:
The action of promoting or publicizing oneself or one’s activities, especially in a forceful way: she’s guilty of criminally bad taste and shameless self-promotion
More example sentences
- He justified the fib by saying the made-up support would be more credible than self-promotion alone.
- Indeed, the issue of self-promotion is key to the visibility of the artwork.
- Shameless self-promotion, for instance, can land a company on the front page of the local paper.
- self-promoter noun
- Example sentences
- Based on an old collection box for the Spastics Society, the piece marks the lowest point to date of this derivative self-promoter.
- Again like Catlin, Curtis was a constant self-promoter constantly in need of money.
- Depending on your point of view, he's either a tireless advocate for the sport of bodybuilding or an annoying self-promoter who won't go away.
Definition of self-promotion in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.