Definition of self-protection in English:
Protection of oneself or itself.
- It is here that government is most likely to be acting on the basis of illegitimate considerations such as self-protection, or protection of powerful private groups.
- Its message is not only protection of kin but self-protection.
- I believe that we have an inner sense of self-protection and a fierce protectiveness for our children.
- Example sentences
- Although even earlier thinkers such as Hume, Gibbon, and Voltaire (to name the most notable) had attacked Christianity and superstition, they usually did so under the cover of self-protective irony.
- How could they participate in an effort that could defend their values, advocate more opening, more understanding, a better and wider vision of the world, and counteract the ongoing self-protective and reactionary state of minds?
- He was also a self-protective bachelor who fell in love and got married in his 40s, but that comes in the next volume of letters.
Definition of self-protection in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan