- The inflicting of punishment on oneself: she was unable to break her cycle of self-punishmentMore example sentences
- The artist alternates between self-punishment and the exercise of power.
- These forms of self-punishment, known as "mortification of the flesh," have been around for ages and are certainly not unique to Opus Dei.
- This is not self-punishment and has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.
More definitions of self-punishmentDefinition of self-punishment in:
- The US English dictionary