- Containing a reflection or image of itself; self-referential: sociology’s self-reflexive critiqueMore example sentences
- Among all of Caravaggio's self-reflexive images, none captures the elision from specularity to spectatorship more dynamically than the disembodied head of the Medusa.
- In fact, as Burt shows, Shakespeare citations often enable a self-reflexive critique of the constraints of the industry within the mass culture genre itself.
- Many of the stories in this series feature a self-reflexive narrator who, we are led to understand, is the actual creator, the ‘fictional author’ of the narrative.
More definitions of self-reflexiveDefinition of self-reflexive in:
- The US English dictionary