Definition of self-regulating in English:
Regulating itself without intervention from external bodies: advertising is governed by a self-regulating system
More example sentences
- These chemicals change the experience of pain and release other chemicals, such as hormones, that influence the body's self-regulating systems.
- They said Bulgaria should remove its laws on insult and defamation from the criminal code, and that editors should set up a self-regulating body for the media industry.
- Accreditation of universities is in the hands of voluntary, non-governmental, self-regulating regional bodies.
- Example sentences
- Compared with the law, which has a compulsory meaning, human ideology has a self-regulatory effect.
- New Zealand has one of the best self-regulatory systems in the world, including its own register of people who do not wish to receive telemarketing calls - 17,000 people are already on it.
- Since we set up this self-regulatory agreement there have been no complaints.
Words that rhyme with self-regulatingsuffocating
Definition of self-regulating in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.