- (Of a country or region) having the freedom to govern itself or control its own affairs: a self-ruling islandMore example sentences
- It has been self-ruling since a 2005 peace deal but the former rebels have struggled to create efficient institutions and tackle rampant corruption.
- Part of the jaw-dropping documentary was filmed in breathtaking Greenland - the largest island in the world, and a self-ruling overseas territory of Denmark.
- They should coincide with, i.e. cover the same people as, political communities and they should be self-ruling.
More definitions of self-rulingDefinition of self-ruling in:
- The US English dictionary