Definition of self-starter in English:
1A person who is sufficiently motivated or ambitious to work on their own initiative without needing direction: he was the self-starter who worked his way up from messenger boy to account executive
More example sentences
- This environment, much like the set-up of a small business, compels the counselor to take initiative and become a self-starter.
- Indeed, these schools work best where the child is a self-starter and is easily motivated.
- Franchisors also look for people who can take direction and are self-starters as well.
- Example sentences
- When they see it happen, bookshop clerks add to their knowledge of the pathos of human nature and, after the self-starting author has departed, quietly return his books to Sociology.
- Of course it is not all self-starting stuff around here.
- We are seeking teams that are effective, focused, disciplined and self-starting.
Definition of self-starter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan