- The surrender of oneself or one’s will to an external influence, an emotion, or another person: it is only in our self-surrender that we are truly blessedMore example sentences
- Increasingly, these seem the desperate words of self-surrender and self-sacrifice.
- All forms of dedication, devotion, loyalty and self-surrender are in essence a desperate clinging to something which might give worth and meaning to our futile, spoiled lives.
- It has shown itself unable to pass on the faith in its integrity and is inadequate, therefore, in fostering the joyful self-surrender called for in Christian marriage, in consecrated life, in ordained priesthood.
More definitions of self-surrenderDefinition of self-surrender in:
- The US English dictionary