Definition of self-tanner in English:
A lotion containing ingredients that react with the skin to produce an artificial suntan: even if a self-tanner contains SPF, you still need additional protection [mass noun]: what’s the best way to apply self-tanner so that it looks natural?
More example sentences
- Since most self-tanners do not contain sunscreen, remember to apply the sun protection factor to protect your skin from harmful rays.
- It's also an excellent prep step before applying self-tanners because it improves their effectiveness.
- These store-bought self-tanners can sometimes leave you looking like a jack-o-lantern, but at least it's safer than frying in the face of cancer.
- Example sentences
- With all the first-rate self-tanning products available, it's easy to fake it if you haven't had the chance to lie out in the sun safely slathered in high-factor sunscreen.
- A lot of the manufacturers have decided to combine aftersun care to stop you peeling and burning with a self-tanning ingredient to help the colour along.
- Leading up to the competition, I'll use self-tanning lotions and go to the spray-tanning booths.
Definition of self-tanner in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.