- The overcoming of the limits of the individual self and its desires in spiritual contemplation and realization: the logic of self-transcendence is based on humility, and respect for the mystery we did not createMore example sentences
- Clearly, doing this kind of spiritual healing work demands a high level of self-transcendence as well as a knack for not taking life too personally!
- These early personae can only tremble at the thought of such ‘daring,’ and their attraction to passive suffering results not from a desire for self-transcendence but from a yearning for their own dissolution.
- It is not uncommon, for instance, to find that the driving force behind some charitable endeavors is ego and selfishness, though part of the giver's identity yearns for self-transcendence, selflessness and altruism.
More definitions of self-transcendenceDefinition of self-transcendence in:
- The US English dictionary