Definition of seller in English:
1A person who sells something: street sellers of newspapers, flowers, etc.
More example sentences
- Their children will have to drop out of school and get in fight on the streets, or become street musicians or street newspaper sellers.
- Clark, who was a newspaper seller on the streets and was known as Nobby, was attacked at night and robbed of his watch and the contents of his money belt.
- But by this time shopkeepers and fellow street sellers had gathered around, so the group left.
salesperson, salesman, saleswoman, sales assistant, assistant, shop assistant, travelling salesperson/salesman/saleswoman, representative, sales representative, agent, negotiator, reseller, auctioneer;
North American sales clerk
dated saleslady, salesgirl, shop boy, shop girl, shopman, pedlar, hawker, traveller, commercial traveller
2 [with adjective] A product that sells in some specified way: the book became the biggest seller in the history of royal publishing
More example sentences
- Some medicines expected to be big sellers flop; some produced with only modest expectations flourish.
- The Star Wars products were the biggest sellers in company history.
- Does that mean that there can be books that are huge sellers, best-sellers, that are not on the list?
- 1seller's (or sellers') market
- An economic situation in which goods or shares are scarce and sellers can keep prices high.Example sentences
- All the sellers are going to say this is a seller's market.
- Unlike some major urban areas, like San Francisco and the nearby Silicon Valley, where housing prices flattened or turned down during the past two years, the second-home niche has become a seller's market.
- The buyer's market for auditors - in which accounting firms cross-sold consulting services and pandered to clients - has been transformed into a seller's market.
Words that rhyme with sellera cappella, Arabella, Bella, bestseller, Capella, cellar, Cinderella, citronella, Clarabella, corella, Daniela, Della, dispeller, dweller, Ella, expeller, favela, fella, fellah, feller, Fenella, Floella, foreteller, Heller, impeller, interstellar, Keller, Louella, Mandela, mortadella, mozzarella, Nigella, novella, paella, panatella, patella, predella, propeller, queller, quinella, repeller, rosella, rubella, salmonella, Santiago de Compostela, smeller, speller, Stella, stellar, tarantella, teller, umbrella, Viyella
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.