(Of a guitar) having one or more pickups and a hollow body, typically with f-holes.
- There was one highlight, though - he got to hold Judd's white semi-acoustic Gibson guitar, which, he says, is the only guitar that ever felt right in his hands.
- It's thrilling to see this return to the fray stretching out into a real second wind. ‘Born Innocent’ bowls along at a brisk pace, mixing earthy semi-acoustic rock with a soulful, retro feel, heavy on the Hammond.
- The album, Steve explains, is the basis for the band's current semi-acoustic tour, having a softer, more acoustic sound itself.
A semi-acoustic guitar.
- Eric played a red Gibson 330 semi-acoustic throughout his set - it sounded great, but then Gibsons are the best.
- I wonder if feedback is more of a risk when playing a semi-acoustic.
- She keeps us hanging in there, long enough to hear her bashing a wooden chair with a drumstick, and then strumming on a turquoise semi-acoustic.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: semi-acoustic
Definition of semi-acoustic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.