Definition of semi-annual in English:
Occurring twice a year: their semi-annual meetings
More example sentences
- The sentiment seems to be widespread among the bishops who participated in the semi-annual meeting, held this past June in Englewood, a few miles from Denver, Colorado.
- Holmes will present research on his underwater listening device in Vancouver on May 20 at the semi-annual meeting of the Acoustical Society of America.
- Keeneland's board of directors resolved to support a national medication policy at its semi-annual meeting on Wednesday.
- Example sentences
- Interest will be paid semi-annually over the ten-year duration of the loan and the principal repaid, after a 42-month principal moratorium in 14 equal semi-annual instalments to 2015.
- In many markets, the big daily acts like a quasi-monopoly, raising advertising rates annually or semi-annually - anything to reach those historic 30 percent margins.
- We would expect them to leave the executives to do their job and meet perhaps quarterly or semi-annually.
Definition of semi-annual in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan