Definition of semi-fluid in English:
Having a thick consistency between solid and liquid: the Earth’s semi-fluid lower mantle
More example sentences
- Organisms living in that environment would, of necessity, be specifically adapted to coping with a very soft, semi-fluid bottom.
- All hollowpoint bullets depend on a fluid or semi-fluid medium to enter the hollowpoint cavity and push out on the walls to start expansion.
- Art hung on the walls, actual semi-fluid pigment manually applied to a canvas substrate.
nounBack to top
A semi-fluid substance.
- At one point, he must have weighed close to two hundred pounds - eyes milky semi-fluid, coat a mess of folds and fatty tumors.
- Soils, be they active or buried, represent dynamic, extremely viscous fluids or semi-fluids.
- All fluids, semifluids, creams and powders must be dispensed correctly with a disinfected spatula.
Definition of semi-fluid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan