Having retired or withdrawn from employment or an occupation but continuing to work part-time or occasionally: he was some semi-retired officer on a retainer
More example sentences
- Sweet Relief is a nonprofit organization that helps musicians in need of medical care and basic assistance, as well as aiding retired or semi-retired musicians.
- ‘We primarily deal with a couple of groups in the Irish market - retired and semi-retired people,’ Golding said.
- If you are retired or semi-retired, you are invited to a public meeting in the library on Wednesday next, November 6 at 8pm.
- Example sentences
- Following the Northfield, Minnesota robbery of 1876, and a three year semi-retirement, they picked up where they left off in 1879 robbing trains - but Missouri had changed.
- My allotment at South Street has been very successful and has provided me with much entertainment and new friendships in my semi-retirement as well as being a source of fresh vegetables for me and my family.
- But most of us assumed this was where he had landed: in a comfortable semi-retirement away from the hurly-burly of management, raking in a happy weekly pay cheque without putting his heart on the touchline every week.
Words that rhyme with semi-retiredhamadryad, jeremiad, underwired, undesired, unexpired, uninspired
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: semi-retired
Definition of semi-retired in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.