Definition of semi-retired in English:
Having retired or withdrawn from employment or an occupation but continuing to work part-time or occasionally: he was some semi-retired officer on a retainer
More example sentences
- Sweet Relief is a nonprofit organization that helps musicians in need of medical care and basic assistance, as well as aiding retired or semi-retired musicians.
- ‘We primarily deal with a couple of groups in the Irish market - retired and semi-retired people,’ Golding said.
- If you are retired or semi-retired, you are invited to a public meeting in the library on Wednesday next, November 6 at 8pm.
- Example sentences
- Following the Northfield, Minnesota robbery of 1876, and a three year semi-retirement, they picked up where they left off in 1879 robbing trains - but Missouri had changed.
- My allotment at South Street has been very successful and has provided me with much entertainment and new friendships in my semi-retirement as well as being a source of fresh vegetables for me and my family.
- But most of us assumed this was where he had landed: in a comfortable semi-retirement away from the hurly-burly of management, raking in a happy weekly pay cheque without putting his heart on the touchline every week.
Words that rhyme with semi-retiredhamadryad, jeremiad, underwired, undesired, unexpired, uninspired
Definition of semi-retired in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan