Definition of semi-rigid in English:
1Stiff and solid, but not inflexible: a semi-rigid polyethylene hose
More example sentences
- For the museum project, Mulder shot-blasted the floor with an 80-grit profile, filled the control joints with a semi-rigid epoxy, and applied a 100% solids epoxy primer.
- The different types of connections that are commonly used fill the entire flexibility spectrum from flexible ‘hinge like’ connections to semi-rigid connections to rigid connections.
- Design and supervision of flexible and semi-rigid pavements adjusted to traffic forecast is a key issue in road construction.
1.1(Of an airship) having a stiffened keel attached to a flexible gas container.
- The main types of airship are non-rigid (or blimps), semi-rigid and rigid.
- What is needed therefore is a structurally light and aerodynamic airship. All these characteristics are combined in a semi-rigid airship.
1.2(Of an inflatable boat) having a rigid hull and inflatable sponsons.
- He said the donations would go towards purchase of a new inflatable semi-rigid craft.
- The emergency occurred just before teatime when the semi-rigid inflatable capsized.
- The rescuers on the Alice Royston - Geoff McGregor, Ian Reid and Robbie Robinson - had been out at sea for eight hours in their seven metre semi-rigid open craft before finding the Siesta.
Definition of semi-rigid in:
- US English dictionary