Definition of semi-rigid in English:
1Stiff and solid, but not inflexible: a semi-rigid polyethylene hose
More example sentences
- For the museum project, Mulder shot-blasted the floor with an 80-grit profile, filled the control joints with a semi-rigid epoxy, and applied a 100% solids epoxy primer.
- The different types of connections that are commonly used fill the entire flexibility spectrum from flexible ‘hinge like’ connections to semi-rigid connections to rigid connections.
- Design and supervision of flexible and semi-rigid pavements adjusted to traffic forecast is a key issue in road construction.
1.1(Of an airship) having a stiffened keel attached to a flexible gas container.
- The main types of airship are non-rigid (or blimps), semi-rigid and rigid.
- What is needed therefore is a structurally light and aerodynamic airship. All these characteristics are combined in a semi-rigid airship.
1.2(Of an inflatable boat) having a rigid hull and inflatable sponsons.
- He said the donations would go towards purchase of a new inflatable semi-rigid craft.
- The emergency occurred just before teatime when the semi-rigid inflatable capsized.
- The rescuers on the Alice Royston - Geoff McGregor, Ian Reid and Robbie Robinson - had been out at sea for eight hours in their seven metre semi-rigid open craft before finding the Siesta.
Definition of semi-rigid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan