- (Of a substance) made by synthesis from a naturally occurring material: a wide range of semi-synthetic penicillinsMore example sentences
- This is a semi-synthetic substance used as a thickening substance and to encourage lather.
- Pyrethroids for example may be quite soft on mammals and birds but this particular group of semi-synthetic pesticides is extremely toxic to insects, fish and amphibians.
- The Germans have begun work on semi-synthetic analogs to certain ferulic-acid skeletal-remnant panaxosides, in a mutual agreement with an unnamed Japanese pharmaceutical manufacturer.
More definitions of semi-syntheticDefinition of semi-synthetic in:
- The US English dictionary