Another term for subtropics.
- Many people who have lived in the tropics or semi-tropics say that one thing they missed was the changing seasons.
- As the map shows, the countries from which the richest biodiversity comes are usually in the semi-tropics.
- ‘I thought there were no end of gorgeous flowers in the semi-tropics,’ he said, ‘but there's almost nothing here except green.’
- Example sentences
- With its European style cafes and restaurants, murmuring waterfalls, and lush semi-tropical vegetation, an evening stroll along its shores is a quintessential San Antonio experience.
- This eight-acre garden near Haleakala has more than 1,500 species of tropical and semi-tropical plants from around the world, as well as 30 types of fruit trees.
- Tropical and semi-tropical soils, partly because of their age and the number of weathering cycles to which they have been subjected, tend to be poorer, thinner and more fragile than those in temperate regions.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: semi-tropics
Definition of semi-tropics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.