- Three fluid-filled bony channels in the inner ear. They are situated at right angles to each other and provide information about orientation to the brain to help maintain balance.More example sentences
- The unique semicircular canals of the inner ear continuously inform the brain of the head and body's position.
- Apart from the sound-processing faculty our ears also include the labyrinth, an intricate set of fluid-filled semicircular canals that provide information for our three-dimensional sense of equilibrium.
- The pathology usually lies in the posterior semicircular canal of the inner ear.
More definitions of semicircular canalsDefinition of semicircular canals in:
- The US English dictionary