- A solid substance that has a conductivity between that of an insulator and that of most metals, either due to the addition of an impurity or because of temperature effects. Devices made of semiconductors, notably silicon, are essential components of most electronic circuits.More example sentences
- Excitons are created in semiconductors when a laser field promotes an electron from the valance band to the conduction band.
- A completely different class of materials organic semiconductors are being developed for these applications.
- One way is to shine a laser on a semiconductor to give some of its electrons a boost.
More definitions of semiconductorDefinition of semiconductor in:
- The US English dictionary