1A conference or other meeting for discussion or training.
- They go off to meetings, seminars, conferences, and never involve anyone at a non-director level.
- The seven-day fest will be enhanced by seminars, discussions and conferences.
- Do you keep falling asleep in managerial meetings, seminars and planning sessions?
discussion, symposium, meeting, conference, congress, convention, forum, awayday, convocation, colloquy, summit, synod, conclave, consultation
1.1A class at university in which a topic is discussed by a teacher and a small group of students: [as modifier]: a seminar group of sixteen students
More example sentences
- But I'd naively failed to notice that at least three members of the seminar were mature students.
- How much time will be spent in lectures, seminars, personal study and assignments?
- I see some of the smartest people in my university seminars destroyed in other people's eyes.
study group, workshop, tutorial, lecture, session, class, lesson, period
Late 19th century: from German Seminar, from Latin seminarium (see seminary).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.