Definition of seminar in English:
1A conference or other meeting for discussion or training.
- They go off to meetings, seminars, conferences, and never involve anyone at a non-director level.
- The seven-day fest will be enhanced by seminars, discussions and conferences.
- Do you keep falling asleep in managerial meetings, seminars and planning sessions?
1.1A class at university in which a topic is discussed by a teacher and a small group of students: [as modifier]: a seminar group of sixteen students
More example sentences
- But I'd naively failed to notice that at least three members of the seminar were mature students.
- How much time will be spent in lectures, seminars, personal study and assignments?
- I see some of the smartest people in my university seminars destroyed in other people's eyes.
Words that rhyme with seminardinar • webinar • sonar • Fragonard
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.