- 1A conference or other meeting for discussion or training.More example sentences
- They go off to meetings, seminars, conferences, and never involve anyone at a non-director level.
- The seven-day fest will be enhanced by seminars, discussions and conferences.
- Do you keep falling asleep in managerial meetings, seminars and planning sessions?
- 1.1A class at university in which a topic is discussed by a teacher and a small group of students: [as modifier]: a seminar group of sixteen studentsMore example sentences
- But I'd naively failed to notice that at least three members of the seminar were mature students.
- How much time will be spent in lectures, seminars, personal study and assignments?
- I see some of the smartest people in my university seminars destroyed in other people's eyes.
late 19th century: from German Seminar, from Latin seminarium (see seminary).