Definition of semolina in English:
1The hard grains left after the milling of flour, used in puddings and in pasta.
- Smeeda or large grain semolina flour is the grain of choice to make couscous.
- Add the sugar, flour, semolina, salt, and the remaining olive oil in several stages, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- In a medium bowl, mix bread flour, semolina and eggs until just combined.
1.1A pudding made of semolina.
- Milk puddings were served most days in the week - rice, tapioca, sago and semolina puddings, junket made with Rennet, and yellow coloured custard made with Edmonds custard powder.
- The days of sloppy semolina, congealed custard and tasteless toad-in-the-hole, are at an end in North Lincolnshire schools, according to the county council.
- We don't have lumpy pudding, soggy semolina or horrible cabbage any more.
Definition of semolina in:
- US English dictionary